Ahhh, this wedding made me sooo happy, and I can’t wait to show it off! The entire day was just perfect from start to end. Russell and Kim were married at The Orchard, a venue that I had been dying to shoot at. The property is absolutely gorgeous, and so is this sweet couple. We had so much fun hanging out with their friends and family all day. And, as you can see, we had plenty to capture! This wedding had it all, from a First Look to long-exposure sparkler portraits. <3
I hope you enjoy the images we created from this day! Be sure to let me know you were here!
A private moment for Russell and Kim to see each other for the first time in their wedding attire 🙂 First Looks are easily one of my favorite moments in the day!
The ceremony was at the PERFECT time of day. The light was golden and beautiful!
Now, these portraits were actually taken before their wedding, after their First Look. You can see the sun is pretty high in the sky, which isn’t ideal for natural light photography. Most photographers would have gone to shoot in the shade, which although that is much EASIER (and there certainly isn’t anything wrong with it), I really wanted to shoot on these hay stacks! Even my normal wedding flashes weren’t going to be strong enough to overpower a 3pm sun, so I grabbed my studio lighting out of my trunk and voila! Gorgeousness was created! I think it was well worth the extra time and effort 🙂
And now the party starts!
Here, I had some time to experiment with some long exposures on the dance floor. Totally fun!
One thing I absolutely love is night portraits. I think they are so romantic and dramatic. When I’m at a venue that’s out in the country, its dark enough to play with some long exposure portraits. These are fun for both us and the couple to create 🙂
And, we finished out the night with a fun sparkler exit!
The vendors that helped create this beautiful wedding:
- Ceremony & Reception Venue: The Orchard
- Event coordinator: Heidi, The Orchard
- Makeup: Natalie Alana, Shift Style Lab
- Hair: Jessica Fay, Olive the Beauty Lounge
- Bridal Gown: Allure, Mermaid – Pence & Panache Bridal
- Bridal Shoes: Toms, wedding line
- Bridesmaid Dresses: Pence & Panache Bridal Boutique
- Cake: Creative Cakes by Monica
- Catering: Johnny Carinos
- Florist: Rae Lynn Fisher – Rae’s Exclusive Designs
- Minister: Keith Long, Lovenotes
- DJ: Jed Ivins, Complete DFW
- Video: Whitney, Complete DFW
- Lighting/Draping: Bella Events – Jenny Murphy
- Linens: Bella Events – Jenny Murphy